Saturday 28 September 2013

Circus came to town

Alien heads and faces on the local chips... whaaaat?
Last night we watched a movie about circus and today we experienced one here in Tiquipaya. It was a very needed break yesterday to spend our free evening buried in a pile of blankets with a glass of wine and Bolivian munchies. We watched the movie "Water for elephants", which tells about "the Benzini Brothers circus in 1931" - It's not a true story, but it gives an amazing view of the spectacular world of circus. 

I have to say the circus we experienced today was something totally else than the Benzini brother's provided us yesterday. I would say it was the most absurd circus show I've ever been to, but at least we got some good laughs. And the girls definitely enjoyed the show! Unfortunately it was not allowed to take pictures during the show - I now might understand why, considering the shared sense of shame during some of the performances. Well, in the end I can't judge anyone who has the guts to get on stage and put themselves out there because I wouldn't have the guts to do it myself, especially if I'm not good at what I'm doing...

Anyhow, as always, i have to say the clowns where definitely the best part of the show! I just can't get enough of that kind of entertainment - it always makes me laugh and smile no matter of place or language!

Before the circus the girls noticed something in one of the trailers outside...
And there it was.
A bunch of boys from another home, our girls and a clown (a real clown - I'm not talking about myself).

1 comment:

  1. Mamma, Mosteri mm.29 September 2013 at 09:27

    Hälsningar från MOMMOs födis av oss alla :)

    ReplyDelete